Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shelbsassy
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to make a plan premium change based on the month

I have a dashboard for 7 different health plans.  Going forward we are going to have it so the data presented is cumulative, so I have a timeline based on the claim service date that shows the month the data is for (each plan has its own tile/dashboard).  I used a slicer based on the service date of the claim to change the total paid, # claims for the month, etc.  The premiums change for each month for each plan so I am trying to make the dashboard completely dynamic.  I altered my sql code to assign a premium amount based on the month and the plan.  That seems to work good so far.  The problem I am running into is with a dial gauge.  I want to display the PMPM (Per member per month) against the premium paid for the member.  When I try to use the Premium (which is brought in as a column from the data table) it is summing all the premiums in the table.  What I need for it to do is select the distinct premium for that plan for that month.  Does anyone know how I can filter the maximum gauge value in this way?  Thanks so much for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Writing it out helped me figure it out.  I created a measure called Distinct Premium = distinct(Cumulative[Premium Agg])

then made a measure Premium = Cumulative[Distinct Premium](FILTER(Cumulative,Cumulative[SERVICE_DT]))

and it is working using the date filter.  It is also working to change the maximum value based on the month in the gauge.  🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
shelbsassy
Resolver I
Resolver I

I think what I am trying to do is have a calculation with the filter in the calc but Im not sure how to do that.  SO basically I am trying to get the premium based on the month [service_date].  PremiumCalc = Cumulative[Premium] ,FILTER[Service_Date] but I know that isn't right.

Writing it out helped me figure it out.  I created a measure called Distinct Premium = distinct(Cumulative[Premium Agg])

then made a measure Premium = Cumulative[Distinct Premium](FILTER(Cumulative,Cumulative[SERVICE_DT]))

and it is working using the date filter.  It is also working to change the maximum value based on the month in the gauge.  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.