Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

georgepaph12
Frequent Visitor

How to load different data on visuals based on filtering

Hi, is there any way to load different data on powerBI visuals like tables based on filtering? For example, I have 5 xlsx files that I upload on powerBI, the columns are the same, only thing that changes is the source table of the visualization, I want to have a slicer with index values like 1,2,3,4,5, when 1 is selected the data from the excel1.xlsx file should be loaded into the visualization, when 2 is selected the excel2.xlsx should be loaded.

Is there anyway to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hi @georgepaph12, my suggestion to you would be to add a column to each table (either in PQ or directly in Excel) with the index of each file and append them in Power Query. After that, use the Index Column as a filter (slicer) in your visual and the data will "change" between files. Additionally, you can force a single selection on the slicer so that it always has a values selected.

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

You can also check out my LinkedIn!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hi @georgepaph12, my suggestion to you would be to add a column to each table (either in PQ or directly in Excel) with the index of each file and append them in Power Query. After that, use the Index Column as a filter (slicer) in your visual and the data will "change" between files. Additionally, you can force a single selection on the slicer so that it always has a values selected.

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

You can also check out my LinkedIn!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.