Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to link text box or image with Timeline 2.1.1 ?

Hello to everyone,

I've been using Power BI recently to report monthly operational performance of the unit that I'm responsible for. I am adding my comments by text box or by images in each month. I want to ask that is there any way to change the comments by changing the month in time slicer Timeline 2.1.1. For example I want to see the comments on July when I change the month in slicer to July and not to see the August or June or any other month and when I change the month in the slicer to August, July comments disappear and August comments appear in text box.  I want to ask same question for images too, is it possible to change the image by changing month in slicer?

Thanks in advance.

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
FrankAT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Create a table which holds a column of the comments and a column with the date the comment is valid. You can filter this table with the slicer and show the comments in a table visual. Excel is a good tool to create this table of comments.

With kind regards from the town where the legend of the 'Pied Piper of Hamelin' is at home
FrankAT (Proud to be a Datanaut)
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure I understand you well but grouping did not work, I think I should somehow link each month and textbox including comments specific to that month but I dont know how.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors