Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mengeltje
Frequent Visitor

How to keep all measures together in one model and reuse them in other models

Hi all,

All our data is stored in an online DWH, Snowflake. The next step is to load the different tables into the Power BI environment. There will be multiple datasets with data from Snowflake and of course multiple (complex) measures per dataset. A number of measures are reused in the datasets. Is it possible to keep all the measures in one dataset en via directly query show them in the datasets? So when a measure change all the places where its reused will change automatically with it. 

I tried it myself. But when I combined the data from snowflake with the measures from the 'measure dataset', the amounts of the data in the 'measure dataset are shown'. Not the amounts of the imported data from Snowflake. 

I hope its clear what I'm trying to explain. Here a little outline of what I mean.

Mengeltje_0-1708429663942.png

Thanks for your time and help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Mengeltje , One way is to use the dataset to create reports.

You can migrate measures using ALM toolkit

How to ALM toolkit to merge Power BI files/Meta: https://youtu.be/lio62VRkOnc

Using the new DAX view - You can generate all the measures, paste them in DAx view on another file, and then it will suggest to create the missing measures

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Mengeltje , One way is to use the dataset to create reports.

You can migrate measures using ALM toolkit

How to ALM toolkit to merge Power BI files/Meta: https://youtu.be/lio62VRkOnc

Using the new DAX view - You can generate all the measures, paste them in DAx view on another file, and then it will suggest to create the missing measures

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.