Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LucaixBolha
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to interact the results of two independent tables

Hi folks!
Does anyone could give me some advice on this problem please? Special thanks to @v-jingzhang, for helping me out with point 1 of this question! 

I have two independent tables, and would like to do their results interact. As data, I have some Asset Codes and its Prices and Amount ($ to buy the assets).
This is the link for this pbix example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nsjJF4nQ3LkWJiqCpE9GxkwaBJ-37rkY/view?usp=sharing

The context is:

1) I have "List 1", that is a table in which you select which Asset Code you own, and how many of each one, and the list aggregates these selections

LucaixBolha_5-1660832931782.png

*tables used in this step: 'Asset Code 1', 'Asset Code 2', 'Value 1', 'Value 2' and 'Dim Asset'.

2) I have "List 2", that is a table filtered by the slicers "Asset's Price" and "Amount". 
'Amount' is a series of numbers from $1 to $100, and is used also in measures to determine the quantities bought of each asset, like this: after I choose the range that I want to set at the price slicer (for ex. I want assets that have prices between "$2 and $10"), I'm left with RRRP3 (price = $10) and EALT3 (price = $5). Supposing that I choose $100 at the "amount" slicer, and since I have two asset codes (thus $50 for each), RRRP3 will have a quantity of 5 units and EALT3 will have 10 units.
LucaixBolha_4-1660832911074.png

*tables used in this step: 'Asset Code 3' and 'Amount'.

3) I'm trying to create "Goal List", which is a table that is the subtraction of the quantities of List 1 from List 2, like this:

List 1                               List 2                        Goal List

Asset    Quantity             Asset    Quantity          Asset    Quantity

ALPA4        1                   RRRP3       5                 ALPA4        -1

EALT3         5                   EALT3       10               RRRP3         5

EALT3          5

ALPA would be equal to -1 because I don't have it anymore on my list (so it indicates that I have to sell the one that I have), as well as EALT3 equals 5 because it means that I would have to buy 5 more units of it.

Do you know if/how it would be possible? 

Thank you very much 🙏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @LucaixBolha ,

I suggest you to try this measure.

Measure = 
VAR _SUMMARIZE = SUMMARIZE('Dim Asset','Dim Asset'[Asset],"List 1",[Quantity],"List 2",CALCULATE([Quantity Asset Code 3],FILTER('Asset Code 3','Asset Code 3'[Asset] =EARLIER([Asset])))/2)
VAR _ADD = ADDCOLUMNS(_SUMMARIZE,"List2 - List1", [List 2] - [List 1])
RETURN
SUMX(_ADD,[List2 - List1])

Result is as below.

RicoZhou_0-1661247619383.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Wouldn't it be easier to UNION these tables, one with positive sign and the other with negative sign ?

Thank you very much for your answer @lbendlin, I'll try it out!

Hi @LucaixBolha ,

I suggest you to try this measure.

Measure = 
VAR _SUMMARIZE = SUMMARIZE('Dim Asset','Dim Asset'[Asset],"List 1",[Quantity],"List 2",CALCULATE([Quantity Asset Code 3],FILTER('Asset Code 3','Asset Code 3'[Asset] =EARLIER([Asset])))/2)
VAR _ADD = ADDCOLUMNS(_SUMMARIZE,"List2 - List1", [List 2] - [List 1])
RETURN
SUMX(_ADD,[List2 - List1])

Result is as below.

RicoZhou_0-1661247619383.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much @v-rzhou-msft! It was exactly this that I was looking for 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.