Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to improve the report performance

I have a report where i am using around 50 measures everything needs to be calculated in runtime based on the date value i select. The report takes lot of time to refresh whenever i change the date filter. When i check the query analyzer it takes lot of time in the other option which means waiting for other visuals to load,

Kayal_1-1667945200486.png

Please suggest how to improve the report performance. All the values i am displaying are dynamic values based on the date slicer so i cant move as calculated columns.
Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you kunal. It is a 2 page report. i have made few changes in the visual location and performance for little bit ok when compare to before. But still i have the following section in report where i need to select a date and the corresponding data will display for various periods it takes lot of time and business wont wait that much time to see the results. any suggestions for this.

Kayal_1-1668010609466.png

thanks,

Kayal Sundaram

kunal15sep
Frequent Visitor

1. Remove unwanted columns in the data model.
  2. Avoid nested functions,e.g. IF, CALCULATE, etc. used in calculations.
  3. Too many visuals on a page will render poor performance even is using bookmarks.
  4. Data granularity reduction by aggregating to a level higher like reporting in months instead of days.
  5. Replace caculated columns with measures.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.