Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aparnavjyn
Helper I
Helper I

How to hide rows in a table visual? I want to sort the table by Revenue, but Rev should be hidden.

I want to be hide the Revenue row in my visualisation, while I want the table to be sorted by Revenue but the users are not able to view the revenue values and row.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aparnavjyn 

Is it restricted info, or you just don't want to show it in the visual? If it's the former, you will need to assign rankings.

If the latter, you can do the following steps:

1. Sort by revenue.

2. Change the name of the field to a single character (so that it won't cause a word wrap problem in the column header)

3. Turn off word wrap for Values:

Word Wrap Off.PNG

4. Decrease the width of the column so that it's hidden.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

Thank you. Sorry to have confused you. Its a matrix and I want to hide the sorting row.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aparnavjyn  - You can also do the same steps outlined above in a matrix visual. Have you tried those steps and if so, does it work?

It doesnt work. I tried those steps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aparnavjyn - what is the incorrect behavior? could you share a screenshot or your pbix?

Thanks,

Nathan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.