Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nitisha

How to get values in a matrix as a percentage of column total with dynamic cols

Original

Jan    Feb   Mar

a       2        5       6

b       3        6       7

c       1        1      

Tot    6        12     13

I want the matrix to be like this(Also months are not fixed)

Jan        Feb       Mar

a       33%      42%       46%

b       50%       50%      53%

c       17%        8%    

Tot    100%   100%   100%

Please help

2 REPLIES 2
austinsense
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Great question.

You want to calculate 1) the sum of a number as well as 2) the subtotal of that number ignoring the categories (a, b, c, etc).  We can break it down into three measures.

SUM Numbers = SUM(Table[Numbers])

// The ALL in this calculation basically says ignore any filtering by the category field
SUM Numbers - Subtotal for Categories = CALCULATE([SUM Numbers], ALL(Table[Categories])

SUM Numbers - % of Category Subtotal = DIVIDE([SUM Numbers],[SUM Numbers - Subtotal for Categories])

Let me know if this makes sense.  The thing to watch out for is the ALL function is only referencing the specific category that we're using in this one report - check and see what happens if you replace this category field with another field in the report on the rows.

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast 🙂

Hi,

This is exactly what i need to do. However, when I try to reference Sum Numbers in the second measure 

SUM Numbers - Subtotal for Categories = CALCULATE([SUM Numbers], ALL(Table[Categories]) it is not available to me. I have defined SUM Numbers in the first step.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.