Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gopichilla
Resolver III
Resolver III

How to get this one???

Hi,

I have Restaurants in different locations.

I Developed dashboard based on restaurants here showing all restaurants data and my dashboard linked to the web.web users choose one location according to location  

Web users choose one location according to location my dashboard also showing that location restaurant data only not for all restaurants. 

Is there any process to controlling data and every day new restaurants will add my database.

It is very important for my project.

Please solve this problem and let me know if anything required. 

Thanks,

Gopi

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@gopichilla,

Is there any process to controlling data and every day new restaurants will add my database

Do you mean you need to the up to date data for your dashboard? In your scenario, which data source did you connect? If you connect to data source like with an Excel workbook or Power BI Desktop file that connects to an external online or on-premises data source, you’ll need to refresh manually or setup a refresh schedule so Power BI can refresh the data in your reports and dashboards for you.

Please refer to the link below to see the details.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-data/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Thank you for ur response. 

Here I am in the US in this case only showing the US Location Restaurants, not for all location Restaurants.

@gopichilla,

You need to have a location column for your restaurants. And then create different role for different locations. For the users from different location, add them to correspoding role, and then they can only see the data for tha location.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.