Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marianammartins

How to get the total number of active contracts up to a date?

Hello,

I need help with DAX for the following problem:

In sum I want to know how many active contracts I have up to a certain date (state = active ou cutted). The data is in an archive table, so everytime there's a change in the contract, that table is updated (PK is Contract No and Version No).

I've tried a lot of ways, but most of them don't fully work in one way or another and I'm already lost in everything I've tried.

Here is an example of the data and the logic I was following to write the formulas

contractarchive.png

contractarchive2.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marianammartins ,

Please try:

Active||Cutted' = 
var _a = MAX('DimDate'[Date])
var _b = FILTER(ALL('New Table'),[Archive Date]<=_a)
var _c = COUNTROWS(FILTER(_b,[Archive Date]=MAXX(FILTER(_b,[Contrato No]=EARLIER('New Table'[Contrato No])),[Archive Date])&&OR([State]="Active",[State]="Cutted")))
return _c

Finished' = 
var _c = COUNTROWS(FILTER(_b,[Archive Date]=MAXX(FILTER(_b,[Contrato No]=EARLIER('New Table'[Contrato No])),[Archive Date])&&[State]="Finished"))
return _c

Pre' = 
var _c = COUNTROWS(FILTER(_b,[Archive Date]=MAXX(FILTER(_b,[Contrato No]=EARLIER('New Table'[Contrato No])),[Archive Date])&&[State]="Pre"))
return _c

vjianbolimsft_1-1678671542928.png

Final output:

vjianbolimsft_0-1678671476341.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marianammartins ,

Please try:

Active||Cutted' = 
var _c = COUNTROWS(FILTER(_b,[Archive Date]=MAXX(FILTER(_b,[Contrato No]=EARLIER('New Table'[Contrato No])),[Archive Date])&&OR([State]="Active",[State]="Cutted")))
return _c

Finished' = 
var _c = COUNTROWS(FILTER(_b,[Archive Date]=MAXX(FILTER(_b,[Contrato No]=EARLIER('New Table'[Contrato No])),[Archive Date])&&[State]="Finished"))
return _c

Pre' = 
var _c = COUNTROWS(FILTER(_b,[Archive Date]=MAXX(FILTER(_b,[Contrato No]=EARLIER('New Table'[Contrato No])),[Archive Date])&&[State]="Pre"))
return _c

vjianbolimsft_1-1678671542928.png

Final output:

vjianbolimsft_0-1678671476341.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marianammartins ,

Please try:

First, create a new table:

Up to Date = ADDCOLUMNS(FILTER(CALENDAR(EOMONTH(MIN('New Table'[Archive Date]),0),EOMONTH(MAX('New Table'[Archive Date]),0)),[Date]=EOMONTH([Date],0)),"Up To Date","up to "&FORMAT([Date],"DD MMM YY"))

Output:

vjianbolimsft_0-1678355239671.png

Then create a table visual:

Pre' = 
var _a = MAX('Up to Date'[Date])
var _b = FILTER('New Table',[Archive Date]<=_a)
var _c = COUNTROWS(FILTER(_b,[Archive Date]=MAXX(FILTER(_b,[Contrato No]=EARLIER('New Table'[Contrato No])),[Archive Date])&&[State]="Pre"))+0
return _c

Finished' = 
var _a = MAX('Up to Date'[Date])
var _c = COUNTROWS(FILTER(_b,[Archive Date]=MAXX(FILTER(_b,[Contrato No]=EARLIER('New Table'[Contrato No])),[Archive Date])&&[State]="Finished"))+0
return _c

Active||Cutted' = var _a = MAX('Up to Date'[Date])
var _c = COUNTROWS(FILTER(_b,[Archive Date]=MAXX(FILTER(_b,[Contrato No]=EARLIER('New Table'[Contrato No])),[Archive Date])&&OR([State]="Active",[State]="Cutted")))+0
return _c

vjianbolimsft_1-1678355826819.png

Final output:

vjianbolimsft_2-1678355870962.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

That works a bit better thanks, but if I put the measure in the y-axis of a bar chart and my calendar table in the x-axis, it doesn't return the desired results

3801ac31-f619-46ca-a696-bd9e7088b38c.png

Hi @marianammartins ,

You need to put the 'Up to Date'[Date] in the X-axis: 

vjianbolimsft_0-1678410990878.png

Output:

vjianbolimsft_1-1678411052539.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

I'm using the Calendar (DimDate) as the "Up to Date" because the goal is to know the number of active contracts at any given date

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marianammartins ,

Please try:

Unpivot the columns:

vjianbolimsft_0-1678338916597.png

Output:

vjianbolimsft_1-1678338937710.png

Then apply the measure:

Finished = COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table',[State]="Finished"&&[Value]<>BLANK()))+0

Pre = COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table',[State]="Pre"&&[Value]<>BLANK()))+0

Active||Cutted = COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table',OR([State]="Active",[State]="Cutted")&&[Value]<>BLANK()))+0

Output:

vjianbolimsft_2-1678339551705.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

Hello

Thank you so much for trying to help and I'm sorry I didn't explain myself correctly. The only columns that are part of the table are the ContractNo, State and Archive Date... the other ones are only examples of the logic I was following, I did that to try and breakdown the steps I would need to take into to account to achieve the correct results 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.