Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Balaraju
Helper II
Helper II

How to get Calender table with Month start Date

Hi All,

I have fact table with Month start date, I am creating calender table based on month start date using below formula.

Dim_calendar=

CALENDAR(MIN(Table[Month Start Date]), MAX(Table[Month Start Date]))
I have data from 01-Jan- 2021 to 28-Feb 2022 the table showing records 01-Jan 2021 to 01-Feb-2022 because of month start date I need calender table like 01-Jan- 2021 to 28-Feb 2022. Could you please help me on that. 
Note: The data is not end at Feb it will refresh every month the months will add but maximum date shoul be end of the Month.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Balaraju, Try this Date Table:

MyDate Table = CALENDAR(MIN(DateTable[Date]),EOMONTH(MAX(DateTable[Date]),0))

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Balaraju, Try this Date Table:

MyDate Table = CALENDAR(MIN(DateTable[Date]),EOMONTH(MAX(DateTable[Date]),0))

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
mh2587
Super User
Super User

https://powerbi.tips/2017/12/start-of-month-dax-calendar/

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

Hi @mh2587 Actually the data is not end with Feb it will refresh every month and next month will add.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.