Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ArT101
Helper I
Helper I

How to format timestamp when using Calendarauto

I created a calendar table using the calendarauto function. Now I kept getting the dates all the way from 1899 which I knew was not within my dataset. I found a way of resolving the issue by changing the data type for the timestamps to text. This resolves the calendar auto issue but now I want to be able to drill my visuals down from, year, month, day and hour. With my timestamp being text it doesn't show me the visuals hourly. If I change the timestamp back to time it effects my calendar table. 

I'm trying to find out ways in which I can tackle this issue while still using the calendarauto function. I am aware of the calendar min/max function but I would rather prefer to use the calendar auto function. 

Much appreciated for your help. 

2 REPLIES 2
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @ArT101,

I'm curious as to why you are getting dates that lie outside the range in your dataset. Can you share some screenshots elaborate the same.

So this is the calendar table after I have converted the timestamps within my data tables to text

Screenshot 2022-11-21 175404.png

But once I revert the timestamps data type back to time this is what happens to my calendar

Screenshot 2022-11-21 175651.png

This was the youtube video I used to resolve the issue I had with the calendar before converting time to text: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAIfeVf5k9E

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.