Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admin11
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

How to force month field display 1 till 12 only ?

Month field value label :-
1 till 12 
I use this field at every tab top right Conner 
Some Tab can display 1 till 12 which is fine
But some tab it will display with Blank value label. 
May I know how to force it only display 1 till 12 only. 

Paul
5 REPLIES 5

Assuming you are using a calendar table, a blank most likely means you have dates in your fact table that doesn't have a match in the calendar table. It is easy to find. Go to a new page, add a table with the date from your fact table. Add a slicer with the date from your calendar table. If there is a blank in the slicer, that confirms the problem.  Click the blank in the slicer to see which dates are missing. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hi Matt

Thank you very much for sharing.

So I assume there are 2 approach to get away the Blank value label :-

1) Modify the Month field expression remove the Blank . 
2) Make the raw data no Blank value 

Hope you can advise me 

Paul

You can put a filter on blank if you like, but I don't recommend it. It just hides the problem.  I can't tell if there are blanks in your data - you didn't provide enough info. If you have dates in a fact table (actual dates, not blanks) with no matching date in the calendar table, the calendar table will display a blank. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hi Matt

Thank you for your sharing. Yes i agree with you using filter is not a good solution , the reason i try to solve it is because when Blank value label pop up , the month field can only display 1 till 7 , as i want to save space. unable to provide long display for month.

Enclosed is my PBI file :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywb5zqf8nnybi4a/PBT_V2021_125%20SOLVE%20BLANK%20IN%20MONTH.pbix?dl=0

admin11_0-1611486882330.png

@admin11 

you have blank values in Last sales column of INVC table

1.PNG

The data column of supplier table is also empty.

2.PNG

Please check all the columns that have relationship with date column of calendar table and see if there are emply cells.

I think the best solution for your data is to create a page or report filter and unselect blank.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.