Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TungNguyen_19
Helper III
Helper III

How to fix CIRCULAR DEPENDENCIES, I have to implement this Data model Design so I can not change it

Hello our community,

I'm facing the circular dependencies. Yes I have read what is it and many post about this annoying problem but I can not find any solution in my case because I can not change the data model design. Please have a look of my diagram

Example CIRCULAR DEPENDENCIES.png

I have two calculation column:

RefCost_EXP = CALCULATE(VALUES('M Cost Volume'[Avg Total Cost]), USERELATIONSHIP('(EXP) 3 LOAD FULL'[ID_Cost], 'M Cost Volume'[ID])) 
RefRevenue_EXP = CALCULATE(VALUES('PBI_VN_CS_recap_CSal'[Total Revenue (EXed Rate)]), USERELATIONSHIP('(EXP) 3 LOAD FULL'[ID_REVENUE], 'PBI_VN_CS_recap_CSal'[ID])) 

And I want to calculate the Margin:

Margin = [RefRevenue_EXP] - [RefCost_EXP] 

Well as you guess the error appear

TungNguyen_19_0-1679043290007.png

I have to connect 2 Red Table (in the picture) to the Calendar Dimension. Also note that red table is the Calculated Table:

TungNguyen_19_1-1679043411899.png

I stuck on this all day and try many ways but I have no idea to fix this. Please help me, many thanks to you guys ❤️

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

Inside the CALCULATE for each column you need to add ALLEXCEPT on the column, or columns, which uniquely identify a row in the load full table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TungNguyen_19
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @johnt75 Thank you so much! You save my day

johnt75
Super User
Super User

Inside the CALCULATE for each column you need to add ALLEXCEPT on the column, or columns, which uniquely identify a row in the load full table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.