Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

asainzlopez
Frequent Visitor

How to extract a power bi value and insert that value in a sql database with Power Automate?

Hello everybody! 

I'm working with the power automate preview visual because I want to create a flow that extracts the power bi value from a card visual and insert it as a row in a table located SQL Server. 

I have done the same before calling to an API, extract the value from that API and insert it in SQL Server like this (ir works perfectly): 

caputra api general.JPG

I have used the same process for getting the power bi value but it doesn't work. Here is the flow I have used: 

1) First, I use a GET process with HTTP action. On the URL parameter I use the "pais seleccionado" item which is the metric of the visual card I want to get (it shows the country selected in a slicer).

asainzlopez_1-1650960692042.png

2) After, I parse that item to JSON object so I can insert it without format problems in a SQL Database:

asainzlopez_3-1650960895806.png

But I need a schema example for that item and I can't find it.

asainzlopez_4-1650961176617.png

3) Finally, I use an "insert row in sql" action: 

asainzlopez_5-1650961378119.png

I've been looking for a solution and try everything I have foundb but it doesn't work.  

It would be fantastic if anybody can help me with this... 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asainzlopez ,

You can refer the following links to get it.

export data from power bi visuals to excel automatically

yingyinr_0-1651215026891.png

Power Automate Desktop: Read & Filter Excel With SQL Query

In addition, you can also extract the data from Power BI to SQL by the following methods:

1. With R or using SSIS

Exporting Power BI Data to SQL Server

2. Powershell

Export Power BI Desktop data to SQL Server

3. Using API

Export Filtered Dataset from Power BI to SQL Server Programmatically using API and Power BI Embedded

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asainzlopez ,

You can refer the following links to get it.

export data from power bi visuals to excel automatically

yingyinr_0-1651215026891.png

Power Automate Desktop: Read & Filter Excel With SQL Query

In addition, you can also extract the data from Power BI to SQL by the following methods:

1. With R or using SSIS

Exporting Power BI Data to SQL Server

2. Powershell

Export Power BI Desktop data to SQL Server

3. Using API

Export Filtered Dataset from Power BI to SQL Server Programmatically using API and Power BI Embedded

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.