Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Keat

How to display new and inactive customer name vs month over month?

Hi there,

I am using PowerQuery to auto update a list of customer from a folder which the customer list in excel file will update once in a month.

I try several way manual way by copy the customer list in a month to compare another month. I wonder it there is any better way in PowerBI can get a visual to show the list of new/inactive customer based on my source.name?

For example:

In April, Intel is no longer customer at the same time we have Amazon onboard as new customer. Looking a way to compare new/inactive customer list once in a month via PowerBI get to know who are the new and inactive customer.

Source.NameCompany Name
CustomerList20220301.xlsxIntel
CustomerList20220301.xlsxApple Inc
CustomerList20220403.xlsxApple Inc
CustomerList20220403.xlsxAmazon
CustomerList20220505.xlsxApple Inc
CustomerList20220505.xlsxAmazon
CustomerList20220602.xlsxTesla
CustomerList20220602.xlsxGoogle

Thank you,

Best regard,

keat

1 REPLY 1
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Keat ,

Need more information.

Are your old customers and new customers located in the same Excel sheet?
If they are in different tables, you can simply import the two excel sheets separately into power bi and compare them directly.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.