Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to disable Page filter Interaction with normal filters(inside the report)

Hi Folks ...

In power bi i have used a page filter for user_iDs and inside the report i have another filter for month so,i want the seller id should be constant until i manually change so the issue is if i change month means it is affecting to the user_id slicer which is a page filter so how i have to control the page filter to remain unaffected by the changes made inside the report .

there I created a custom date button once if I click that button means the seller data which is a page filter will become unselected and it will show whole data .but i want to control it . 

Thanks &regards 

@saud968  @amitchandak @Arul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. Disable Interaction Between Visuals.

Click Edit interactions->With the month filter visual selected, hover over the user ID slicer and click on the "None" icon (circle with a line through it). This will prevent the month filter from affecting the user ID slicer.

2.Use Bookmarks to Maintain State.

Set your report to the desired state with the user ID selected and the month filter set to your preference.->Click "Add" to create a new bookmark.->You can now use this bookmark to return to the saved state at any time, regardless of any changes made to the month filter.

3.Consider Using a Drillthrough Page.

Create a drillthrough page. -> On the new page, add a drillthrough filter for the user ID. -> From the main report page, right-click on the user ID you want to analyze and select "Drill through" to the specific page.->This will allow you to view details for that user ID without affecting the filter on the main page.

Please refer to the following documents for more information.

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. Disable Interaction Between Visuals.

Click Edit interactions->With the month filter visual selected, hover over the user ID slicer and click on the "None" icon (circle with a line through it). This will prevent the month filter from affecting the user ID slicer.

2.Use Bookmarks to Maintain State.

Set your report to the desired state with the user ID selected and the month filter set to your preference.->Click "Add" to create a new bookmark.->You can now use this bookmark to return to the saved state at any time, regardless of any changes made to the month filter.

3.Consider Using a Drillthrough Page.

Create a drillthrough page. -> On the new page, add a drillthrough filter for the user ID. -> From the main report page, right-click on the user ID you want to analyze and select "Drill through" to the specific page.->This will allow you to view details for that user ID without affecting the filter on the main page.

Please refer to the following documents for more information.

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Chakravarthy
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Anonymous , As of now you can disable filter pane's interaction with any visual in the page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep , so is there any way to achieve this ??

saud968
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Anonymous you will need to review the data as to why your Page filter is not working. If you can share sample data it will be great. Further, you can also create a custom slicer, the base idea for that is this article - https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-create-a-custom-slicer/td-p/1208854

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.