Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StephenF
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How to delete datasources from a gateway?

How do I remove a datasource from a gateway(I'm in the web interface).

I have some redundant datasources which I want to remove, there seems no option to delete them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

If you hover over the data source connection you will see the "..."  Click on that and select "Remove"RemoveGateway.jpg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

If you hover over the data source connection you will see the "..."  Click on that and select "Remove"RemoveGateway.jpg

Wow those ... dots were really hard to see, I went googling to see how to remove these and glad I found this post, crazy that I didn't notice it!

CmdrKeene

I just found this post as I am wondering the same, but when I hover over the data source in the list I do not get the menu shown in your screenshot.  Does anyone know if this ability to delete data sources has changed since this was first posted in January?

I just checked and it is the same for me now as in the screen shots.  Are you sure your account has enough rights to delete data sources?

@jdbuchanan71 Hey thanks for the reply...it turns out I was just hovering in the wrong place.  The "..." did not appear for me until I moved my cursor all the way to the right.  All sorted now.

This right here got it for me, hover all the way to the right and the ellipsis shows up.  Thanks @rfontaine !

This is one of the most subtle little bits of UI.  Really impossible to discover without extra documentation, IMO.  Thanks so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.