Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

How to create a pivot table from a data model?

Good evening dear community!

I have a problem when I try to create a Accounting Income Statement report in a pivot table, starting that I have 3 Excel files and I am importing the data into Power Pivot, relating all the tables to a Chart of Accounts table.

When I make the pivot table from the data model and select the accounts so that they appear in rows and then the values of each of the items (Income, costs and expenses) it is perfectly associated with me, the problem is that for each data source the pivot table segregates them into different columns and I need to have all the values in a single column, that is, since I have 3 data sources (Income, costs and expenses) because the structures of each one are different, then in the pivot table it shows me the accounts and values segregates them into 3 columns. What can I do to make the values in a single column?

4 REPLIES 4
Johnjose
Frequent Visitor

hey try to append the all the sheet, might you'll get. 

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hola @Syndicate_Admin

I managed to see the video and the data is on a single sheet, that way there is no problem in classifying the Result Statement by accounts and presenting it in a single column. My case is that the information by accounts comes from different sources and when I make the pivot table, a column is formed for each of the sources it has.

Here are the various origins I'm talking about:

MichaelGuido_0-1714969881093.png

and the result of the dynamin table:

MichaelGuido_1-1714969990885.png

The result I need is something like this, but in a single table and a column queue.

MichaelGuido_2-1714970050877.png

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me, I thank you very much.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MichaelGuido ,

Did the above suggestions help with your scenario? if that is the case, you can consider Kudo or Accept the helpful suggestions to help others who faced similar requirements.

If these also don't help, please share more detailed information and description to help us clarify your scenario to test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Financial statements are not trivial. Here is a presentation I did on how to do it using a Chart of Accounts and a GL

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/build-a-pl-with-power-bi/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.