Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change the visuals based on Drop down selections

Hi,

I have a need of hiding particular columns in the table chart based on drop down selections.

For Ex:- 

Drop Down
Abc
XYZ
RMP

When i select Abc from above drop down i need the below visual to show me all the columns which i needed.But, when i select XYZ below visual should hide a particular column and show me the rest of columns.....

Visual   
Col 1Col 2Col 3Col 4

Please let me know how this can be done.

waiting for responses.

Thanks,

Dkd

3 REPLIES 3
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous  Please have a look into this similar thread that was already answered.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Column-Selection-in-matrix-table-visualization/m-p/543950

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Manohar,

Thank you for the quick response.

I have reviewed your suggestion(link).but the problem here is I am not using any of the columns present in the visual (table) for drop down. My drop down has different column and my visual columns are different.

Please suggest

Regards,

Dkd

@Anonymous  In that case, then you need to create a lookup table with the all the columns you want to link with for a particular code (which you are using in the dropdown). 

For Example : 

abc c1

abc c2

abc c3

xyz c1

xyz c2

etc...

Then link this lookup table to the main table (which you need to unpivot as per the link posted above). You might need to have a bridge table to avoid many to many relationships on columns link.

Please try and let me know how it goes !

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.