Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

plaralema
Advocate III
Advocate III

How to change names of a column to make them shorter for display as legend in bubble chart=?

Hi! I was looking for a way to show a bubble chart for my data and it works really fine but legend uses my Cases Table (which filter 9 excel sheets by case name) 

There's a lot of cases (12) and names are really long because they describe each case, and that's the way by boss wants to see it.

So format is something like this... (see table)

is any way to change rows to something more simple like Case1 , Case2, etc  tto use it as a legend in my bubble chart, without having to change all my data which contains CASES column with long names that are connected to Cases Table.

Thank you

Cases
Case 1 F30-kt Cl100-F2@60 ktpd
Case 2 F40-kt Cl400-F2@60 ktpd

Case 15 F10-kt Cl500-F2@60 ktpd 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @plaralema 

You can change the rows name in Power Query by selecting the value and replacing it with the name you want. But, that would need some time from your end.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
plaralema
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi i managed to solved it. I wen to power query, add a new column , and choose create out of example and create a new column "separated by delimiteres" and it worked 

Thank you

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @plaralema 

You can change the rows name in Power Query by selecting the value and replacing it with the name you want. But, that would need some time from your end.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.