Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Niels_T
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to change dot notation to comma

Hello,

There is a . that is being used as decimal. I would like to use the , instead.

image.png

It seems to only appear in the tables. In my data I've already changed the type and there it does display correctly:

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Niels_T ,

My Power BI Desktop version: 2.90.782.0 64-bit (February 2021)

My data source: Local excel file

My test steps:

Step1, Change my computer system setting: Control Panel\Region\Additional settings\Decimal symbol

v-lionel-msft_0-1616552963362.png

Step2, Restart and refresh my .pbix file in Power BI Desktop.

My test result(You can see that I successfully changed the delimiter.).

v-lionel-msft_2-1616553211072.png

But the methods provided by other blogs are not the same as mine, you can refer to it.

schoennie: Thousand Separator and Decimal Separator in Power BI Desktop, Chrome, IE & Edge

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello everyone I have a Power Bi panel that consolidates information that many countries in the world load me in an excel by country, power bi consolidates them and I graph them however in some countries they use the comma as a decimal separator and in others the point I have already tried to change comma by point in the database and it gives me an error that I can do because when someone writes the number With comma Power BI converts it to integer

Thank you

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Niels_T ,

My Power BI Desktop version: 2.90.782.0 64-bit (February 2021)

My data source: Local excel file

My test steps:

Step1, Change my computer system setting: Control Panel\Region\Additional settings\Decimal symbol

v-lionel-msft_0-1616552963362.png

Step2, Restart and refresh my .pbix file in Power BI Desktop.

My test result(You can see that I successfully changed the delimiter.).

v-lionel-msft_2-1616553211072.png

But the methods provided by other blogs are not the same as mine, you can refer to it.

schoennie: Thousand Separator and Decimal Separator in Power BI Desktop, Chrome, IE & Edge

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Niels_T , For this you have to change the regional setting. Change region to country uses this number format.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.