Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chloristan_

How to change dataset to another environment or Business Central company?

My dashboard is currently connecting to Business Central. However, I have connected to Company A, and my PowerBI only shows data from Company A. Is there anyway to display datasets from Company B or from DEV environment to PRODUCTION environment without manually loading the data from "Get Data" again? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @chloristan_ 

You can change the connection of your Power BI report to another environment or Business Central company by changing the data source settings. You can do this by going to the "File" menu and selecting "Options and settings" and then "Data source settings". From there, you can select the data source you want to change and click on "Edit Permissions". You can then enter the new connection details for the new environment or company.

If you have multiple environments or companies, you can create a parameter in Power BI to switch between them. This will allow you to switch between different data sources without having to manually change the connection details each time. Another option is to use Power BI Dataflows to create a common data source that can be used across multiple reports and environments. This will allow you to create a single data source that can be used across multiple reports and environments, making it easier to manage and maintain your data.

Data Refresh in Power BI Service - Overview (azure.com)

Connect to Data source - Overview (azure.com)

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-zhangti ,

I tried to change the connection by going to "File" menu and selecting "Options and settings" and then "Data source settings". However, it brought me to sign into user account instead of changing the data source/entity.

chloristan__0-1688111242595.png

If you use business central, there are multiple entities that 1 user can access. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.