Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nj17
Helper III
Helper III

How to bind a text box and a matrix together in Focus mode

Hi,

I have below matrix in which I have multiple columns and measures.I want to show a title on top of matrix so I added a textbox but when I see the table in Focus mode it doesnt include the text box and only shows matrix values.

How can I sync textbox and matix ?

nj17_0-1662198597751.png

Thanks Nj

4 REPLIES 4
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @nj17 

Please create a calculated column Daily Revenue = "Daily Revenue" and apply same setting like PBIX file I have shared.
Let me know your requirement solve or not.
I used different data table, so values are different.
001.JPG

Please check all setting in Column Header, Rows Header, Values, and Specific Column setting

If solve your requirement, please mark this answer as SOLUTION
If this comment helps you, please LIKE this comment/Kudos

nj17
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @speedramps 

Thank you for the help

Actually I have a matrix where I have 10 columns and for 4 columns i want title as Daily Revenue,for next 4 I want title as Daily Target and for next 2 column i want title as KPI

Hi again @nj17 

Well "actually"  ... I did answer your question correctly. 😀

It is not my fault if you ask the wrong question. ☹️

One question per ticket please. If you need to extend your request then please raise a new ticket.

You will get a quicker response and each volunteer solver will get the kudos they deserve.  

However, on this occasion I will go the extra mile and show you how to group matrix headings in a matrix.

Please now click thumb up and  accept the solution.

If you need to extend your request then please raise a new ticket.   😎

It is free support for simply click "accept solution" and I may decline to help folks that keep adding to tickets, rather than kindly accept solutions and raise new tickets. 

Thank you ! 😀😀😀

Click here to download the solution 

This example reads a product table

speedramps_0-1662308338353.png

and "groups" measures by GBP, EUR and USD in matrix for export.

Note that each "group" has different exchange rates and rules

For example only EUR has VAT applied and only USD has rebates applieds.

speedramps_4-1662308480573.png

How it works

Firsly you need to create a "driver" table to define the group headings hierarchy and sorting behaviour.

speedramps_1-1662308351995.png

Then create  DAX measure with a SWITCH.

Then use Driver hierarchy as the matric columns

speedramps_2-1662308367650.png

speedramps
Super User
Super User

Hi

You can't override how Focus mode works.

However, do you know that you can set titles on a matrix without creating a visual?

Just click on Format / General / Title = On / text = Daily Revenue

You can also specifiy the back ground colur and font.

See screen print

Thanks for reaching out for help.

I put in a lot of effort to help you, now please quickly help me by giving kudos.

Remeber we are unpaid volunteers and here to coach you with Power BI and DAX skills and techniques, not do the users job for them. So please click the thumbs up and accept as solution button. 

If you give someone a fish then you only give them one meal, but if you teach them how to fish then they can feed themselves and teach others for a lifetime.  I prefer to teach members on this forum techniques rather give full solutions and do their job. You can then adapt the technique for your solution, learn some DAX skills for next time and soon become a Power BI Super User like me. 

One question per ticket please. If you need to extend your request then please raise a new ticket.

You will get a quicker response and each volunteer solver will get the kudos they deserve. Thank you ! 

speedramps_1-1662200398743.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.