Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sisachosudo
Frequent Visitor

How to avoid the Requesting Access email

Hello,

Is there a way to avoid the "Granting Access" process every time I create a new report?

I am publishing a report every 2 or 3 days and it is becoming annoying for some users having to request access to all of them.

I add them as users seconds after the report is published but some of them are still facing the "Request Access" pop-up.

This is what I do:

- Publish the report

- Go to "datasets", "Manage Permissions", "Add User" and include their email addresses.

- Then I open the report, copy the address showing in the navigation bar of the explorer and embed it in a link that will be sent by email. I do this last step because I created an index with all the previous reports also included.

Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to avoid the permission granting?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thank you.

But as of today, there is no way to avoid that security check, right?

Hopefully, Microsoft will roll out fast this feature you mentioned. 

Hi @sisachosudo ,

Yes, it is necessary to verify the security check before the new function is updated. This is an important guarantee for the security of our account. I will continue to follow Microsoft’s latest developments and hope to update this feature soon.

Best Regards,
Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.