Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andrew_lu1933
Regular Visitor

How to add file hyperlink in Power BI, I can add link, but actual it can't open the file when public

I want to public a document list, and we can search document and download in local network.

I add "file:///D:\MD\study.xlsx" as url, and it can add hyperlink in power BI.

but after public, in web, click the hyper link, the link text is change.

Andrew_lu1933_0-1655374512050.png

Andrew_lu1933_1-1655374722508.png

Andrew_lu1933_3-1655375056978.png

Andrew_lu1933_2-1655374743794.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
JamesCrockett

Thank you. Do you understand the rights of animals? That is what takes place. I too didn't know much about them, so I made an effort to learn more. And I discovered this resource at happyessays.com/free-essays/animal-rights/ , which helped me understand what animal rights are. With the aid of this post, I also wrote an essay on animal rights. If you were also assigned an essay to write on this subject. As a result, you can use this post's assistance.

Andrew_lu1933
Regular Visitor

why this hyperlink is OK?

Andrew_lu1933_0-1655375388621.png

@Andrew_lu1933 I don't have a quick answer without going deep and see what is what in this case. Hopefully someone else is familiar with this scenario and could reply here.

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

Why it is OK when click the page that use html editor href: "file://D:/MD/Study.xlsx" to build.

I make a test. the power BI page, if direct click the hyperlink, it is no respose, but it click right key and click "Copy the link",  then paste on browser address bar, it is OK!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.