Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TylerVono
Helper III
Helper III

How to Trim Line Chart Time Range to Show Past YTD Data Only

Hello,

Looking to see how to trim a date range automatically to show past year to date data only.

I have made a date table that I merged with my schedule completed job orders as I needed to set it up for a forecast.

My Y axis measure is now:

Job Order Measure = count(Merge1[scheduled_completion_date])+0

But I would like to trim the dates to show just the relevant data that is charted Past 365 days to date, currently it shows all data highlighted in red below.

I have tried adding a Min and Max Measure into my Tooltips, it is just not doing anything:

MaxMeasure = Max(Merge1[date_completed].[Date])
MinMeasure = Min(Merge1[date_completed].[Date])

Need help here, how do I trim the dates automatically?
TylerVono_0-1683646899187.png

Here is the current

Link: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzw8bbffru08pbc/US%20Fabrication%20Outsource%20-%20Make%20To%20Buy%20Statu...

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@TylerVono , try a measure like

Job Order Measure = if(max('Completed Jobs'[scheduled_completion_date]) >= [MaxMeasure] || max('Completed Jobs'[scheduled_completion_date]) <= [MinMeasure],blank(), count(Merge1[scheduled_completion_date])+0)

Hello Amitchandak,

So the measure works but its basically not capturing when the count is at 0, can you please let me know if there is another step?

JobOrderMeasure2 = if(max('Completed Jobs'[scheduled_completion_date]) >= [MaxMeasure] || max('Completed Jobs'[scheduled_completion_date]) <= [MinMeasure],blank(), count(Merge1[scheduled_completion_date])+0)

TylerVono_0-1683731983530.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.