Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

mildredclark596

How to Resolve QuickBooks Reconciliation Discrepancy?

I am trying to reconcile my QuickBooks transactions with the bank feed, but there are some discrepancies because of transactions entered twice. I deleted those transactions, and they still show the same. Can someone assist me in fixing the QuickBooks reconciliation discrepancy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lawrencecourtoi

Hi, @mildredclark596 

If you have deleted a reconciled transaction from the previous period, the beginning balance of the current period will be incorrect.

You can reconcile the transactions from the previous period manually by following the steps below and fixing the QuickBooks reconciliation discrepancy.

• Go to Accounting from the left pane of your screen and then select the Chart of Accounts tab.
  • Now, search for the affected bank account and then click on View Register.
  • Find the transaction of which duplicate you deleted.
  • Further, change the status of reconciliation from blank or Cleared (C) to Reconciled (R).
  • Finally, click on Save and then hit Yes to confirm the changes.

Hopefully, these steps helped you fix the QuickBooks reconciliation discrepancy. If not, you can visit our detailed article for more information.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Leilawatson234

Hi @mildredclark596

To address QuickBooks reconciliation discrepancies, first, review transactions for accuracy. Verify bank statements match QuickBooks records. Identify any duplicates, missing entries, or timing issues. Reconcile discrepancies by adjusting transactions or seeking professional assistance if needed.

Quickbooks Help.png

lawrencecourtoi

Hi, @mildredclark596 

If you have deleted a reconciled transaction from the previous period, the beginning balance of the current period will be incorrect.

You can reconcile the transactions from the previous period manually by following the steps below and fixing the QuickBooks reconciliation discrepancy.

• Go to Accounting from the left pane of your screen and then select the Chart of Accounts tab.
  • Now, search for the affected bank account and then click on View Register.
  • Find the transaction of which duplicate you deleted.
  • Further, change the status of reconciliation from blank or Cleared (C) to Reconciled (R).
  • Finally, click on Save and then hit Yes to confirm the changes.

Hopefully, these steps helped you fix the QuickBooks reconciliation discrepancy. If not, you can visit our detailed article for more information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors