Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ibrahim_shaik
Helper III
Helper III

How to Filter the Line Chart with the Relative Time Slicer

Hello Power BI Community,

I want to filter the line chart with respect to time.

When I try to filter the line chart with time the line chart is not filtering.

Please give a solution.

Thanks&Regards,

Ibrahim.

8 REPLIES 8
Ibrahim_shaik
Helper III
Helper III

Please give a solution.

Thanks&Regards,

Ibrahim.

Hi @Ibrahim_shaik,

To filter a line chart with respect to time in Power BI, you need to make sure that the time field is set up correctly and is recognized as a date/time data type in Power BI.

Once you have confirmed that the time field is correctly recognized as a date/time data type, you can proceed with filtering the line chart as follows:

1. Click on the line chart to select it.
  2. In the Visualizations pane, click on the Filters icon.
  3. Click on the Add filter button and select the time field you want to filter by.
  4. Choose the type of filter you want to apply (e.g. between, before, after, etc.) and set the appropriate date/time range.
  5. Click Apply filter to apply the filter to the line chart.

If the line chart is still not filtering after following these steps, it could be due to other factors such as data formatting issues or incorrect filter settings. You may need to review your data and filter settings to identify and resolve any issues.

Best regards, 

Isaac Chavarria

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution and giving Kudos to help the other members find it more quickly.

nice!

Ibrahim_shaik
Helper III
Helper III

Please give a solution.

Thanks&Regards,

Ibrahim.

To filter a line chart in Power BI, you need to ensure that the data type of the time column is set to 'Date' or 'DateTime'. Once you have done that, you can use the time column as an axis and apply a filter to the line chart.

To filter the line chart based on time, you can add a slicer to the report and select the time period you want to filter on. You can also use the filter pane to select the time period.

If the line chart is not filtering, you may need to check the data type of the time column and ensure that it is set correctly. You can also try using the 'Relative Date Slicer' visual to filter the line chart based on time.

@Ibrahim_shaik Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Ibrahim_shaik , hope the filter is connected date.

can you share the some screenshots

Hi @amitchandak ,

Please Check and let me know the solution.

Relative Time Slicer.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.