Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ADSL
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to Calculate the Total Earning Of Active & Inactive Staff

Hi BI Community Team,

I have 02 tables -- monthly earning by employee & employee master that have join & resign date.

Within these tables, we want to know and get some information below:

1. Total Earning by employee & month

2. Join & Resign employee must show when choose the month ---> currently, it's not working when choose the month that have some employee resigned.

Any suggestion? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ADSL
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @punitkhatri & @v-yiruan-msft ,

It's resolved after go through this posted and helpful feedback from team.

Posted: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-calculate-and-find-the-Inactive-amp-Active-Employees... 

Thanks and Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ADSL
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @punitkhatri & @v-yiruan-msft ,

It's resolved after go through this posted and helpful feedback from team.

Posted: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-calculate-and-find-the-Inactive-amp-Active-Employees... 

Thanks and Regards,

punitkhatri
Helper III
Helper III

I think you have not selected status (Inactive) in the filter section, try doing that.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ADSL ,

As checked your description and attached pbix file, I'm not clear about your requirement. Could you please provide your expected result with the specific examples base on the sample data in the attached pbix file? For example, currently, you choose all years and January, what's your expected result? Is [Total Expense] 810.29 correct? And for employee 100001 and 100002, they resigned on January, 2023. Whether they should be included in the visual?

vyiruanmsft_0-1683612462775.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Thank you for your feedback and feel sorry of question.

I want to know the Inactive employee when month selected. For screenshot, In Jan'23 there are 02 inactive employee. 

2023-05-09_13-22-20.png

But when month selected on Feb'23, it's still showing 02 inactive employee. It should be zero (0).

So any suggestion/advise? If want to see Inactive employee based on month selected.

2023-05-09_13-28-06.png

Thanks and Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.