Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carH
Helper I
Helper I

How t Remove a Dataset from list of published Data Sets

When in a personal worskspace and selecting create > Select a published data set, There is a list of various data sets published by different users within our organization. We only want the promoted or certified data sets to show up here. How would we go about removing datasets that are not promoted or certified? Thanks for you help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @carH 

You want to only show datasets that have been endorsed or promoted and you don't want to delete the datasets in your Dataset Field.

When you create a report by published datasets, you will find datasets in your Classic workspace(you can't see datasets from other users' Classic workspace) and fromMy workspace /New workspace which you built or other users shared with you.

If the dataset is shared by other users, they can remove your build permission and then it will disappear in this place.

You see this dataset's owner is Stephen, after he removes my built permission of this dataset, it disappers.

1.png2.png

If you built this dataset, you can't remove this dataset in this place without deleting it in Dataset Field.

4.png

You see that I can't remove myself in Manage Permission in Dataset.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carH 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@carH , when open your workspace from left menu. You will get three dots on all datasets and  report. You can delete from there . Some thing like this

Delete from service.png

Thank you. What if you do not want to delete the data set from the original WS,  only remove it from the Create > Select Published Data Set.1. select Create from left pane. 2. select a published Data Set1. select Create from left pane. 2. select a published Data Setpbi2_LI.jpgIs there an option in the original WS to remove from this area? We do have data sets that all our users are to access to create their own reports. We want to clean up the area to only those data sets that have been endorsed or promoted. Thank you. 

Hi @carH 

You want to only show datasets that have been endorsed or promoted and you don't want to delete the datasets in your Dataset Field.

When you create a report by published datasets, you will find datasets in your Classic workspace(you can't see datasets from other users' Classic workspace) and fromMy workspace /New workspace which you built or other users shared with you.

If the dataset is shared by other users, they can remove your build permission and then it will disappear in this place.

You see this dataset's owner is Stephen, after he removes my built permission of this dataset, it disappers.

1.png2.png

If you built this dataset, you can't remove this dataset in this place without deleting it in Dataset Field.

4.png

You see that I can't remove myself in Manage Permission in Dataset.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.