Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i solve for Employee Count is linked to Department, Section and Sub Section

Javierphang_0-1644810049261.png

Hi Guys, i need help as you can see the Total Actual for every row is the same 3606. Is there any way to solve it where the figures is according to the department, section and subsection just like the Total Plan column.

For my Total Plan column is it manually inputted based on the excel file. 

File link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pRMVwWwT5oooihd0HxGI-7Ed9sJlN224/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=10579...

For the Total Actual column is taken from another excel file.  What i did for Total Actual is input DAX formula:

MJK Employee Count = (COUNTROWS('MJK Total Employees'))

However, the value did not tally with the department and subsection and section. Any idea how to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The mostly is the relationship between these table. you should make sure that these tables have active relationship between them, then you can just use the measure which looks like you provided.

Or please modify the measure like the code below:

MJK Employee Count =
COUNTROWS(
    FILTER(
        ALL( 'MJK Total Employees' ),
        'MJK Total Employees'[Department]
            = SELECTEDVALUE( 'this table Employees'[Department] )
            && 'MJK Total Employees'[Section]
                = SELECTEDVALUE( 'this table Employees'[Section] )
            && 'MJK Total Employees'[Sub Section]
                = SELECTEDVALUE( 'this table Employees'[Sub Section] )
    )
)

The link to your pbix is not accessible.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The mostly is the relationship between these table. you should make sure that these tables have active relationship between them, then you can just use the measure which looks like you provided.

Or please modify the measure like the code below:

MJK Employee Count =
COUNTROWS(
    FILTER(
        ALL( 'MJK Total Employees' ),
        'MJK Total Employees'[Department]
            && 'MJK Total Employees'[Section]
                = SELECTEDVALUE( 'this table Employees'[Section] )
            && 'MJK Total Employees'[Sub Section]
                = SELECTEDVALUE( 'this table Employees'[Sub Section] )
    )
)

The link to your pbix is not accessible.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Chenwuz,

i just realised when i use your code, it is not showing the Total at the bottom. How can i solve this issue?

Javierphang_0-1645678567470.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

It works, thank you so much. But can you explain what is your code doing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i ask what is the: 'this table Employees'

This is the result i get seems to be correct, and how do i show the grand total at bottom For eg.

Javierphang_0-1645112538152.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Javierphang_0-1645090991118.pngJavierphang_1-1645091009280.pngJavierphang_2-1645091038077.png

These are what i have done in the PBI Report.

ERD
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , can you share a .pbix file?

It seems that you have 2 tables showing data from 2 files. Are these tables connected? It looks like not...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution ✔️to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Appreciate your Kudos.

Check out my latest demo report in the data story gallery.

Stand with Ukraine!

Here are official ways you can support Ukraine financially (accounts with multiple currencies):
1) Support the Armed Forces of Ukraine: https://bank.gov.ua/ua/about/support-the-armed-forces
2) Come Back Alive foundation: https://www.comebackalive.in.ua/

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

They have similar columns which can be linked to each other. I have uploaded a sample of the excel files and PBI Report. Please take a look. Thanks!

@Anonymous , something is wrong with an access:

ERD_0-1644996086585.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Appreciate your Kudos.

Check out my latest demo report in the data story gallery.

Stand with Ukraine!

Here are official ways you can support Ukraine financially (accounts with multiple currencies):
1) Support the Armed Forces of Ukraine: https://bank.gov.ua/ua/about/support-the-armed-forces
2) Come Back Alive foundation: https://www.comebackalive.in.ua/

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean, you cant open the PBI file?

MargaritaG
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey, 
as mentioned "

For the Total Actual column is taken from another excel file.  What i did for Total Actual is input DAX formula:

MJK Employee Count = (COUNTROWS('MJK Total Employees'))"

Please share the model for this that you have in place. 
If MJK Total EMployees is not filtered by department, section, subsection then this would also not reflect in the table.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear.

You can create a new column

Total Actual = 3606

Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the above image, under the sub section 2F cutting, the total plan is 116, whereas the total actual is 3606. There should be 100+ of workers under this 2F and 20 workers under 2F distribution. 

If you see the table clearly, the value of 3606 appears the same for every subsection. Therefore, i want to know is there a way to solve it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.