Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nadjablomkvist
Frequent Visitor

How do I use information from one visual in another visual?

Hi,

I´ve built a visual (table) at one page in Power BI Desktop based on a live connection from our database. With using filters this results in a list of customers in one column, "Customer number", in this case. Now, I would like to use those Customer numbers to create a new visual based on those specific customers, on another page. Same database, so no other source is involved. 

Thanks so much in advance! Just ask if something isn´t clear in my despription

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nadjablomkvist ,

Report page tooltips should help. Please refer to the online document as below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-custom-tooltips

BTW, I have created a sample for your reference.

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nadjablomkvist ,

As @amitchandak  said, dirll through should meet your requirenmt in your scenario. One sample for your reference.

Capture.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks for your input @v-frfei-msft  and @v-frfei-msft 

It doesn´t seem to work in my case though:

On page 1 I have a list of companies & quantity. These companies are filtered, based on a specifik contract id, lets say contract 1 and contract 2. So on this page, I only see customers and their quantity that are linked to contract 1 and contract 2.

However, these companies also have quantity that are not connected to contract 1 and contract 2, so on page two, I would like to see all companies from page one, but their total quantity, not just the quantities related to contract 1 and contract 2.

Hi @nadjablomkvist ,

Report page tooltips should help. Please refer to the online document as below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-custom-tooltips

BTW, I have created a sample for your reference.

Capture.PNG

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.