Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

redbeanscranber
Regular Visitor

How do I post Legend values on the bars of Stacked Bar Charts?

I have a 100% stacked bar chart that is currently showing the percentage for each bar. How do I also show the Exp Year on each bar? If I can't do it directly in Power BI, can I do it in Tabular Editor 2 or another program?

100% Stacked Bar Chart100% Stacked Bar Chart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mayank_Yavda
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @redbeanscranber 

Here is Stacked Bar with Custom Label and Sorting which will help you  to get Exp Year on each bar as labels.

Stacked Bar Chart with Custom label and Sorting, PBIVizEdit.comStacked Bar Chart with Custom label and Sorting, PBIVizEdit.comStacked Bar Chart with Custom label and Sorting, PBIVizEdit.comStacked Bar Chart with Custom label and Sorting, PBIVizEdit.com

Download link for the custom visual file in this page,

https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/stacked-bar-chart-with-custom-data-label-and-sorting 

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

• anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problem/errors.
You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in editor).

Thanks,
Team PBIVizEdit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mayank_Yavda
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @redbeanscranber 

Here is Stacked Bar with Custom Label and Sorting which will help you  to get Exp Year on each bar as labels.

Stacked Bar Chart with Custom label and Sorting, PBIVizEdit.comStacked Bar Chart with Custom label and Sorting, PBIVizEdit.comStacked Bar Chart with Custom label and Sorting, PBIVizEdit.comStacked Bar Chart with Custom label and Sorting, PBIVizEdit.com

Download link for the custom visual file in this page,

https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/stacked-bar-chart-with-custom-data-label-and-sorting 

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

• anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problem/errors.
You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in editor).

Thanks,
Team PBIVizEdit

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@redbeanscranber , I think something similar was disucssed here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH4bcHhxunw

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.