Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBIMakesMeHigh
Frequent Visitor

How do I enable two filters across different visuals, when only one Relationship can be set?

Hello

In my PBI report, I have 2 bar/line charts and 2 KPI visuals.  I would like to have Page filters that can filter below:

Entity: Either APAC or EMEA

MOP: Either Digital or Web

I am facing two problems:

1) I would like the "Growth" numbers to show in % and "Revenue" in decimals.  I don't think this can be done if only one sheet of dataset is used?

2) I would like both "Entity Name" and "MOP" filters to operate independently and able to affect all 4 visuals on a page level.  So the user has 4 combinations to view all 4 visuals (APAC+Digital, APAC+Web, EMEA+Digital, EMEA+Web).

I tried to fix problem#1 by having one page of dataset for "Growth" in % format, then have another page of dataset for "Revenue" in $$.  But this causes an issue with problem #2, because I can only create one relationship between the Data Sets: either "Entity Name" or "MOP", but not both.

Alternatively I can fix problem#2 by having both "Revenue" and "Growth" in one page of dataset, but the formatting will have to be either all in $$ or all in %?  Each column of data can only be either percentage or number?

How can I fix both problems together?  This would mean all "Revenue" is shown in decimal, all "Growth" is shown in %, and all 4 filters (APAC/EMEA/Digital/Web) can be toggled indepedently to affect all 4 visuals.

PBIMakesMeHigh_1-1686221938777.png

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PBIMakesMeHigh , We can measure for Growth % and "Revenue" and that can have different formats.

if they are coming from two tables having many to many join consider a bridge table.

Also, consider a slicer or visual-level filter

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Power BI- DAX: When I asked you to create common tables: https://youtu.be/a2CrqCA9geM

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.