Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rusty19

How do I create a report with multiple date entries in Power BI?

Good day all,

First time posting so please bare with me..... 

(setting the scene)
This is a Governance project. So I have a few SharePoint list that are linked together (all links are ok): Governance Items, Committee Names, Committee Dates and which item went to which committee and which date.

Screenshot 2023-12-30 114932.png

From this what I am trying to do is create a table/matrix in Power BI that would show the evolution of a given item through the governance process (i.e. what date it went to Committee 1 and Committee 2, etc.). What I want is the green what I am getting is the orange below:

Screenshot 2023-12-30 115054.png

However, what I am getting when I use the date as a value for the table, is "First Date" or "Last Date"??

Can someone please help with this??

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
rusty19

Hello, the relationship between the tables are ok because all other reports work.  This is just a sample of my work and I cannot share my work or sreenshot the information.

Hi @rusty19 ,

According to your screenshot, I think the result you want looks like merge or a matrix visual.

As far as I know, if you want to get the result you want, there should be at least a relationship between your tables. However I couldn't find the related columns in your tables. So I think we couldn't find the solution only based on current data.

Please share us more details about your tables or you can share a sample file with us.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @rusty19 

Below three are separate tables, if yes, what is the relation among 3 tables
Please share the data model screenshot

PijushRoy_0-1703970882756.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.