Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

danfalkovich

How do I create a filter that views 2 columns and displays data if value is present in one of them?

Explanation: I am working on a practice dashboard of viewing MLB umpire accuracy from 2015 - 2022. In the dataset there are two columns that display whether a team is playing or not: home & away. If I wanted to create a filter for the dashboard for 'Team' (to view how accurate an umpire is when a certain team is playing), then it would need to look through both columns, as a team can play both home and away games. How would I create such a filter? Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cath1ynn
Helper I
Helper I

Interestingly, this is similar in requirements to what another user has asked. See my reply in this thread. In your case, Category would be the Team field.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cath1ynn
Helper I
Helper I

Interestingly, this is similar in requirements to what another user has asked. See my reply in this thread. In your case, Category would be the Team field.

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @danfalkovich 

Can you please share a pbix or some dummy data that keep the raw data structure with expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.