Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I check the username connected to the data source

My report is developed with "Salesforce" as one of the data source. We had established accounts for the accessibility. 

I am not able to recall the username to provide it to my colleagues. 

If I edit data source settings, it says - 

image.png

Is there anyway I can find it out?

Like in tableau, we can see the username.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, what we can find is just the encrypted credentials file in the following path:

1.  "C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\User.zip" for the standard version of Power BI Desktop
  2. "C:\Users\<User Name>\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\User.zip" for the Windows Store version of Power BI Desktop

We could not see the details about this so that the power bi desktop is save described from the side.

If you forget the username accidentally, I'm afraid you can only try to remeber it as much as possible.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, what we can find is just the encrypted credentials file in the following path:

1.  "C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\User.zip" for the standard version of Power BI Desktop
  2. "C:\Users\<User Name>\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\User.zip" for the Windows Store version of Power BI Desktop

We could not see the details about this so that the power bi desktop is save described from the side.

If you forget the username accidentally, I'm afraid you can only try to remeber it as much as possible.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

Do you mean there is no way to open that file up ?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, it's encrypted. If we can open it easily so that anyone can get account data and it will be unsafe right?

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it would be unsafe if password is known, I was looking for username instead.

Hi @Anonymous ,

The encrypted file contains cerdentials about users including account name and password, so if you want to find back your username, I'm afraid you can just remeber as much as possible like I previously posted. Or if you have other ways to this issue, please kindly share your solution here to help others find it quickly.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.