Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I share a report with colleagues and allow them to drill down in it?

I am seeing that Power BI allows you to share a dashboard with colleagues, but they are not able to drill down in the dashboard view. When you share the dashboard with someone, do they also have access to the report view where they can drill down, filter, etc. or just that dashboard? Also, I see there is an option to publish the report to the web publicly. Is there any option to share a report privately?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you click on a tile in a dashboard, you will be taken to the report page it comes from. The other users won't have direct access to the report but they will be able to get to it through the dashboard.

Alternatively you can use the Pin Live Page option to pin an entire report page to the dashboard, preserving both the drill-down and inter-visual crossfiltering on the dashboard. The users will also still have access to the report, this time by clicking on the page header in the dashboard.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you click on a tile in a dashboard, you will be taken to the report page it comes from. The other users won't have direct access to the report but they will be able to get to it through the dashboard.

Alternatively you can use the Pin Live Page option to pin an entire report page to the dashboard, preserving both the drill-down and inter-visual crossfiltering on the dashboard. The users will also still have access to the report, this time by clicking on the page header in the dashboard.

Is this still working feature? I can't seem to make it work.

@acefullI can't imagine how you could not get it to work. It's the most basic functionality of a dashboard. How are you creating the dashboard? Individual tiles or live pages? What happens when you click on a tile? What exactly is not working?

I think I've got an answer from different thread. 

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13715889-drill-to-a-report-page

It looks like there is no drill down capability in Dashboard. I hoping for a workaround and be able to drill down to data points from Dashboard. 

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.