Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I keep a visualization permanently positioned on top?

I have a visualization that, when I show the legend on the top-right (stacked) it has quite a bit of space beneath it. I wanted to put a textbox there (please see screenshot below). Whenever I hover over the column chart, however, the text-box disappears (Second screen shot). I can understand the behavior, however I would like the textbox to remain regardless as the textbox is going to have explanations of the legend categories.

1) How can I ensure the textbox stays regardless or, alternatively

2) How can I add custom text to the however of each legend item so that I can put a description there?

SCREENSHOT 1

picHighlight.jpg

SCREENSHOT 2

002.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Anonymous, Select the textbox and try the below option, 

SivaMani_0-1662989069122.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Anonymous, Select the textbox and try the below option, 

SivaMani_0-1662989069122.png

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Anonymous, 

1) How can I ensure the textbox stays regardless or, alternatively -> How are you getting info for the textbox? Is it a static text or coming from a table?

2) How can I add custom text to the however of each legend item so that I can put a description there? - If the number of categories (Type) is fixed( as I see in your screenshot, it has 4 types), You can add a text box and add the text content you want.

SivaMani_0-1662954166665.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. It's static text. I had gone the textbox route, but it gets hidden underneath the chart on the left whenever i'm hovering over the chart 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.