Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

COMtrac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hmmm… can't reach this page

I am a single Power BI Pro licence user.  I have downoaded the Power BI Desktop app.  Everytime I open it up I get the following message. "

Hmmm… can't reach this page

ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com’s server IP address could not be found.

I have spent hours trying to resolve this and would appreciate any help.  

10 REPLIES 10
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @COMtrac 

If you want to turn on ArcGIS Maps in Tenant settings , you must be the Power BI Service administrator . So you need to add the role in Microsoft 365 admin center .

Microsoft 365 admin center : https://admin.microsoft.com/

You can follow the steps provided in the link below .

https://radacad.com/power-bi-administrator-tenant-settings-configuration-you-dont-dare-to-miss

Ailsamsft_0-1644991352365.png

Best Regard

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

COMtrac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks Theo, the problem is my admin portal doesn't have tenant settings (see attached)

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 11.58.02 am.png

Hi @COMtrac 

Okay, I believe you're going to want to go down this path: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal

I've located a similar thread with the original guidance.  Hopefully this is able to provide you the necessary outcome.

Cheers mate,

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

TheoC
Super User
Super User

@COMtrac here is a screenshot of the steps I provided in the earlier comment. Ensure they're all enabled. 

TheoC_0-1643677109019.png

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @COMtrac 

Are you attempting to access it through your work or personal computer?  If it's work computer, does your company have any controls in place that may require admin permissions? 

Importantly, and irrespective of the above, you shouldn't have to use your Power BI Pro License for Power BI Desktop version when using them in isolation.

Subject to the above, you can try:

1. Uninstall

2. Download latest version from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

3. Install

4. Reopen.

Hope this helps!

Theo

Its just my personal computer Theo.  

I have the Power BI pro web version and I also downloaded the desktop version.  So I will try to unistall the desktop version and reinstall.

Hi @COMtrac 

Okay, brilliant.  If it's personal, you can use Desktop without any reference to your Power BI Pro license to test whether Power BI Desktop is working properly after reinstallation.

In terms of the Power BI Pro licence, you can go to: app.powerbi.com and use your login details to see whether or not it's working correctly.

Cheers,
Theo

I havn't tested desktop yet but in my web based version of Power BI Pro I still can't see maps (see screen shot) and I keep coming back to the issue that it wants me to go to Admin Prtal and enable apps but that option dpesn't appear and the help articles suggest I need to contact my Global 365 admin to request permisisons, but of course as it is just me there is no Global 365 Administrartor and I have no idea where to give myself this access.

Hi @COMtrac 

That makes a bit more sense. 

1. Log in to Power BI Online

2. Go to the Settings button in the top right.

3. Go to Admin Portal

4. Click on Tenant Settings

5. Scroll down to Integration Settings

6. Ensure you have enabled the various "Maps" options under Integration Settings.

Hope this is what you're needing mate.

Theo 🙂

@COMtrac did the above manage to help you resolve the issue?  If not, please let me know.  If it did, can I kindly ask you accept the solution so other members can search in the event they experience similar challenges?

Thanks and all the best.

Theo 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.