Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

o59393
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Histogram

hi all

I have 1400 rows containing a department time in days. I would like to have a histogram that divides in groups of 30 days. (0 to 1 months, 1 to 2 months) etc.

Once it reaches 8 months, it should be grouped by 8 or more months.

I used the histogram of power bi but is very slow and very limited as the data gets bigger.

Here is the excel

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5p469p2vhufikql/report1576508921493.xlsx/file

Column J contains the department time.

Thanks all!

4 REPLIES 4
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi o59393,

If you want to set month which >8  as a group, you could try to achieve this by add a column like below by M code

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each if Date.Month([Process Termination])>8 or [Process Termination] =null then ">8" else Date.Month([Process Termination]))

Then use this in chart axis.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi dax

Is there a way to create a dax formula without using M code? It's ok if it without the >8, it can be in groups by 30 days.

Thanks!

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi o59393,

I am not clear about your requirement, did you want to create a column which like below?

Column = ROUND(report1576508921493[Department Time]/30,0)

532.PNG

If not, please correct me and inform me your expected output, then I will help you more correctly.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry for not being clear.

I created the histogram in excel witht the department times. As you see there grouped in 30 days. This is what I would like to have in power bi. But instead of showing 30 to 60 days, to show 1 to 2 months, 2 to 3 months, etc.

histogram.PNG

I appreaciate your help, let me know if it is clear.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.