Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiding VALUE items in SUM columns

I have a model with a matrix that has 4 levels of categorization (group by).  In the VALUES section, I want to put numeric items that I don't want summarized at all and then 4 columns of data that I want summed at ever label.  Here is what I have now:

img.png

I want the ordrLinNo, Earliest docDt, First ITEM and First ITEMDESC to not show values in the summarized rows - only in the detail section.  Ideally, I would like to enter these "values" into the value section and not have any summarization at all.

I realize this may not be the optimal way and that there may be other better ways to accomplish this, but:

1. the user population is used to this interface and
  2. there's value for different users at every level so the abiltiy to collapse/expand multiple levels is very helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

sandy

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

So is this "summarized row" in the visual a fact row of your summarized table or just subtotal of the visual?

Can you show some sample data and expected out put to us if you don't have any Confidential Information?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll generate some sample data if necessary, though it would take some time to sanitize.

However, to answer your question - When the visualization is completely expanded, the "detail" or base row which gets summarized up level to level should show the date (no summarization in category rows), the item and item description (no summarization in category rows) and then the sales numbers which should have summarizations in the category rows. It shoud look like this (an example of the app in HCL (formerly IBM, formerly Lotus) Notes which we're migrating away from.

img2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you can see in the image.  There's nothing in the categorization columns - the item and date only show in the "detail" section of the column.  BTW Report Builder can do this when building reports for SSRS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.