Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TejasK
Frequent Visitor

Hi,I am trying to design a function so that my slicer acts only in the way I want it to.

TejasK_0-1673306115884.png

So I have 3 main groups, Group1, group 2 and group 3. 
At this stage I am inclined towards building a up a matrix visual such that if I select A, then I automatically get 4 measures Group 1 selected which shows value 100, than sum of all the remaining in group 1 which is 900 and then separately also show Group 2 and Group 3. Is this possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@TejasK , not sure why you intend to use distinctcount, is it because you got duplicate in type. I'm attaching PBIX File. Can I see a broader range of dummy datasets to investigate further, ideally PBIX File. Many Thanks PBIX FILE 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TejasK
Frequent Visitor

@Manoj_Nair - Thank you for your help. 
I have changed your DAX measures to do a count distinct and GRP1 Selected works fine but GRP1 NotSelected does not work. 
My DAX measures are as follows: 

GRP 1_Selected ( This one works well ) =
var _Type = SELECTEDVALUE(TBL3[TYPE])
return
CALCULATE(distinctcount(TBL3[ID]),FILTER(TBL3,(TBL3[TYPE]) =_Type && (TBL3[GROUP]) = "GROUP 1"))

GRP 1_NotSelected ( This one does not work ) =
var _Type = SELECTEDVALUE(TBL3[TYPE])
return
CALCULATE(distinctcount(TBL3[ID]),FILTER(TBL3,(TBL3[TYPE]) <>_Type && (TBL3[GROUP]) = "GROUP 1"))

The GRP1_NotSelected gives blank result. 

@TejasK , not sure why you intend to use distinctcount, is it because you got duplicate in type. I'm attaching PBIX File. Can I see a broader range of dummy datasets to investigate further, ideally PBIX File. Many Thanks PBIX FILE 

@Manoj_Nair - Thanks Manoj.
While trying to prepare a dummy data set and looking at some of the DAX videos, I was able to achieve what I wanted.
Getting some ideas from your DAX, I also managed to create DAX's for Group 2 and Group 3 asked originally in my post.
Thank you so much for all your help 🙂

Manoj_Nair
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@TejasK - pls try this two DAX

image.jpg

If this post helps to find solution would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution and give it a thumbs up

Best regards

Manoj Nair

Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/manoj-nair-%E2%98%81-344666104/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.