Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Help with shared x-axis for clustered bar chart.

So I want to create two measures for a combo cluster bar chart.

One that returns the total count of values of entries created per month for the year of 2022

ORIGINATED_MEASURE = 
CALCULATE (
    COUNT(Clean[Status]),
     Clean[Originated Year] = 2022,
    Clean[Status] = "Approved" || Clean[Status] = "Canceled" || Clean[Status] = "CCB" || Clean[Status] = "CM Review II" || Clean[Status] = "CO Generated" || Clean[Status] = "Complete" 
    || Clean[Status] = "Deferred" || Clean[Status] = "Investigation" || Clean[Status] = "Pending" || Clean[Status] = "Program Review" || Clean[Status] = "Unassigned"
)

And another one returns the count of entries that were approved per month in 2022 BUT where I am having trouble is that entries could have been created in the previous years and are barely being approved this year. 

So my question is, what is my shared axis because I want Jan to today's month since I am only focusing on of those created in 2022 and all those apprived in 2022. What is my shared axis? Right now I have "Date Originated - Month" but this will give me wrong infomration.

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerbinoobster ,

Do you want the x-axis on the visual to show only the months from January to today?

First try to filter your x-axis from Jan to today's month.

Or another possible solution is to create a calendar table.

And the shared x-axis is from your calendar.

Power BI Calendar | How to Use Calendar DAX Function in Power BI? (educba.com)

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.