Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with setting up a formula for trafficlight

Hello.

I need help setting up a formula that give me traffic light kpi that I need in a table.

Some background information: We have a device A. There are different device A. These device A are associated with different numbers of device B. In other words, device A can have 2/3 or 4 device b. We have a main page and a detail page. So one to many, one Device A and Many Device B

These device B measure if a job is done or not.
When 1 device b is finished, the output is 50 or above, if its below its still working.

We have a main page, with the device A. What I want is a formula on when device B is over 50 it illuminates a green dot, and can be a unichar or use switch with a url or any other idea? if it is under 50, it illustrates in yellow dot.

For example, if Device A has 3 device b, and 2 of these are green, while one is yellow, the main page will have a yellow light, which means that the job is not done, if the light is green then this device A job is done.. But when I right click and choose drill through to the next page I can see which device B is 50 or above and which is still working, that are related to a Device A. So all device B have to be over 50, then device A job is done, if one device b is under 50, then the job for device A is not done yet. 

Since when one is yellow on the main page, it may happen that 3 device B are green while one is still yellow. So mainly I need a formula that can give me this result. That I can see if a device A is done. 

So in short summary.

1. green and yellow light based on how high value (50)  per device b.

1. Green and yellow light based on the total process for device A and the process for device B associated with a spesific device A, on the next page

It can vary how many device b are in use per device a. So the total status must take this into account. It should not be green light on the main page until all device b in a are finished above 50.

example.PNG

Thanx in advance. Just ask if something is unclear

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Here are some links showing how to generate Traffic Light KPIs in Power BI desktop:

Power BI Desktop/DAX – Using Unicode (Arrows) as Measures in a Table

Traffic Light KPIs are now really easy to implement

If you still have any problem, please illustrate your scenario with sample data and desired output. How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Does no one have a solution? It does hurry a little. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.