Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OpsCord
Regular Visitor

Help with my stock charts

Hello.

I completed very basic BI training this week so wanted to give it a try.

I'm trying to display chemical tank levels of products used by customers. I have a slicer set up so that the only products that show up are the ones exclusive to the customer.

As you can see below the orange displays the chemical stock level against the total quanity the chemical tank can take (blue).

Screenshot 2023-06-01 122441.png

The problem I have encountered is that there is sometimes more than one tank of product. For example the AC-150 should be split into two separate bars. I have Tank ID data available - each tank has a unique number. I'm struggling to work out how to split products by their Tank ID so that multiple bars of data show for one product (if required). So in the above image, I would like to see two bars for the AC-150.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible with this chart by keeping the tank size on X-Axis.

You may use a measure like 

% Tank Filled = SUM(YourTable[Today Guess]) / SUM(YourTable[Tank Size])

And show this in an other 100% diagram.

Have a nice day

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
OpsCord
Regular Visitor

Thanks @Timuran Much appreciated. 

Timuran
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey @OpsCord ,

It's look like your data is missing a lot, your 'Today Guess' and your 'Tank Size' are only associated with your 'Chem', you need them to be associated with 'Chem' and 'Chem 'Tank ID' at least.

As what you showed us, your table 'Statistics (2)' is useless.

If you are able to add your tank ID in Your 'Statistics' table just add it below Chem in X-axis.

Have a nice day

Thanks @Timuran 

With your help I've got to this stage.

Screenshot 2023-06-01 140700.png

What I need to do now is have something that shows the actual level in the tank.

So for example, tank ID 1687 is total 1000L. Yet the level may be 500L. So it displays the actual level in bold and the tank size in a different colour. Hope this makes sense.

@OpsCord , just add your 'Today Guess' bellow 'Tank Size' in Y-axis.

Have a nice day

Thanks again @Timuran 

This is where I'm at:

Screenshot 2023-06-01 142752.png

Ideally I would like to display it like a % stacked column chart however this isn't ideal as I want to display actual numbers and not %. Is there a way around this?

Screenshot 2023-06-01 142848.png

Appreciate the help. 🙂

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible with this chart by keeping the tank size on X-Axis.

You may use a measure like 

% Tank Filled = SUM(YourTable[Today Guess]) / SUM(YourTable[Tank Size])

And show this in an other 100% diagram.

Have a nice day

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.