Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

MH81003
Frequent Visitor

Help with measure in Power BI

I am struggling a little bit to figure out how to get Power BI to calculate a measure. Everything I have tried so far doesn't calculate correctly. I need weighted average that would be shown on a card and calculated in Excel as 

(Region 2 NPS number for spring 23 for Customer Web Platform + Region 2 NPS number for Spring 23 for Customer Mobile platform + Region 2 # of responses for Spring 23 for Customer Web Platform + Region 2 #of responses for Spring 23 for Customer Mobile Platform) / ( Region 2 # of responses for Spring 23 for Customer Web Platform + Region 2 #of responses for Spring 23 for Customer Mobile Platform). 

I realize this may be a lot of filters I need to use in the measure but for some reason I cannot get it to calculate. I have tried doing filters on the actual card and in the measure. I attached a picture of the spreadsheet to help understand. Please Help!  

MH81003_0-1697655903486.png

2 REPLIES 2
khaledHabib90
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello, please try the following steps

1- create a new calculated column in the table view to get the weight of each row, the formula for the the weight would be [# no of responses] / calculate(sum([# no of responses]) , all(your table name))

Step 2 create a measure using Sumx

Weighted average = sumx( your table name, NPS x "the new calculated column

Hi, this doesn't give me the answer I need. It gives me extremley low numbers like 0.86 when the WA should be 26. In excel the original excel file the WA is calcualted as below 

MH81003_0-1697824688448.png

I rearranged the data so that I can do it in Power BI automatically but it is the same data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.