Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hanna_
Regular Visitor

Help with map (shape map)

I want to create a map with shaded areas. I have a json file containing name of the place and multipolygon. 
I try to follow the instructions of how to create a map (convert json to topojson, expand columns and get data..), however I do not manage to create the map. 
I can create a map when I use the data in R, but not in Power BI.

Also, I have tried to extract only point and create a map with longitude and latitude - that works! However, I want the map to have shaded areas and not only points. I have also tried to convert the file in R and then read into Power BI, without success.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
mrcss23
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi hanna.

I used several json files with long and latit in this power bi project. You can download the pbix and see how to apply to your json file. I used visual MAP.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Themes-Gallery/Visiting-cities-Tourism-and-finance/td-p/3167347

Hi! Thanks for your message. Your power bi looks great! 🙂 However, I don't only want to show the long and lat, but the polygon as a shaded area. 

Hi! Thanks for your message. Your power bi looks great! 🙂 However, I don't only want to show the long and lat, but the polygon as a shaded area. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.