Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CarlCPRVA

Help with extracting numbers from data in Excel (extremely new to this)

Hello,

I apologize if this has been asked before but I have no previous knowledge of PowerBI and I was just looking for some quick help with what I think(hope) will be a simple solution.  I have an Excel sheet that contains collection information. In that Excel sheet there is a text column called "CUSTOMER NAME". I've imported the spreadsheet into PowerBI and chosen this field and a Table vizualization shows all of the values. If I expand the card for filtering I see a list of all of the unique values in the column with a number indicating how many times that value exists in the column. My question is, how do I get those numbers into my data visualization? Basically, I just want some sort of vizualization that counts and displays the number of times each customer appears on the collections list. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

The numbers I would like to use in my data visualization circled in redThe numbers I would like to use in my data visualization circled in red

Thanks,

Carl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@CarlCPRVA ,

You need to create a measure using dax like pattern below and drag customer name column the measure to your visual.

Count Num =
COUNT ( collections[Customer Name] )

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@CarlCPRVA ,

You need to create a measure using dax like pattern below and drag customer name column the measure to your visual.

Count Num =
COUNT ( collections[Customer Name] )

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.